Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello, my name is...

Dan!

I'm writing a quick post to introduce myself, and to give an idea of the things that I'll be posting about in the future. So first, a little bit about me...
I live in Ottawa right now, with Ceilidh, who is my partner, lover, muse, friend, and so much more. I'm originally from Richmond Hill, which is an ugly, suburban, uncultured, consumerist younger brother of Toronto, but in the last few years I've traveled all across Canada, lived in France, and have been in Ottawa for the past two school years, at the University of Ottawa. I'm an Environmental Studies major, but I have recently applied to the Culinary Arts program at Nova Scotia Community College, and am impatiently awaiting a response.

This past November I got hired as a chef at a restaurant/bar here in Ottawa called The Collection. We have a small, but dynamic menu, based on local food that's available, and all of our ingredients are bought fresh in the Byward Market (which is also where the restaurant is located). Working this job has inspired me more than ever to cook completely from scratch with quality, local, fresh, healthy ingredients, which is one of the things Ceilidh and I will be sharing with you on this blog. Other than my passion for food, I'll be writing a lot about my other big interest: music (expect a lot about Bob Dylan). I'll probably throw in some posts about books I'm reading, things I'm knitting, places I've traveled to (or would like to go to), and whatever else is on my mind (expect a lot about Ceilidh).

That's all for now, I'll leave you with a little something, and see you next week...

It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Oh, and by the way, if you want to just look for my posts, click on the picture of me up top.

No comments:

Post a Comment